Things Behind Glass | Project Update
MARCH 12, 2020
WHAT WE DID THIS PAST WEEK
1. Wrote code to play different tracks
2. Chose an artifact we want to continue with
3. Agreed on the placement of the artifact
1. The user approaches the kiosk.
2. They find a ledge protruding from the wall. On it is our audio tactile installation.
3. They locate the components of the installation which includes a button panel on the bottom right, and a 3D rendering of the artifact behind glass occupying the rest of the space.
4. The visitor explores the 3D rendering first with their hands.
5. Next, they place their focus on the button panel.
There are three buttons from left to right: previous, start, next.
Above the previous button is a headphone jack labeled headphones.
6. The user plugs in headphones provided by the museum staff.
7. They press the start button and the first message plays the name of the piece, and the first perspective. At the end of the message, the speaker says "press the next key to continue. The next key is a button arrow pointing to the right.
8. The user presses the right arrow to continue, and the next message plays.
9. They listen for about 15 seconds and are not interested in this message. They press the next key to move on.
10. The next message plays, and the user listens to the end of this message.
11. The speaker reminds the user to press the next key to continue.
12. The user presses next a third time, and the next message plays.
13. The user wants to refer to the previous message, so they interrupt the now playing message with the press of the previous key.
The system plays the previous message.
14. The user hears the piece they wanted to get to, pulls their headphones out of the jack.
15. The user goes around the artifact to feel it from different angles if they want and then moves on to the next exhibit.
AREAS WE NEED HELP
1. We need to get large buttons for playing tracks.
2. Need help with meeting and testing
WHAT WE’LL DO THIS COMING WEEK
1. Figure out how we will work together outside of school
OUR REMAINING TIMELINE UNTIL MIDTERM
· Working on the model – auto CAD on Sketchup (Hopefully!)
· Add a sample audio